Translate

Friday, December 29, 2017

Almost 2018....

And not much done here. still haven't finished either of the research classes I was supposed to finish before Christmas despite my best efforts.  Over halfway through one of them though, but only started the other. Sigh.  And they told me it would only take 3 weeks?
No go on the car too, had one I was seriously looking at and it got sold.  So back to looking again.  But I'm getting the impression to not rush(which is what my dad always tells me to do when looking for cars, so both my father's are telling me the same thing)so despite student teaching starting next week I don't feel any urgency to find one.
Work got the usual insanity(though my boss said we were barely over half what we were expected to do on the 23rd) but right after went back to more typical busy.  So enough for 3-4 cashiers and 2-3 sandwich(plus manager or two)to stay busy for lunch, but not enough for the 5-6 we needed saturday.  One of my coworkers is sick, another is getting sick(and poor thing managed to slam their finger really badly in the fridge door yesterday-probably because they were sick-at the start of their shift.) and the rest of us are recovering from the week(s) leading up to the holidays.
Had a great Christmas(hope everyone did)as all my siblings and spouses and kids made it over for almost the whole day.  We got to play games together, talk, and just hang out between meals.  Makes for a great day.
Didn't get to do our usual after Christmas movie on the 26th, mainly because we wanted to see Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and it was booked all day.  So we shifted to this monday(January 1st) and plan to buy the tickets beforehand(like today or tomorrow).
On to the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment