Translate

Monday, January 8, 2018

Student Teaching

is not what I expected.  I was nervous and excited up until I walked into the high school and suddenly I'm just plain calm.  Been that way ever since.  Other than some rather common swearing among teachers and students it's been very comfortable.  Rather strange for me, but I take it as a small miracle for me.
Downside is that I'm still doing 20 hours at work, which makes for some almost 15 hour days.  Afraid that resulted in a unpleasant interaction with a customer(they were calm while I was being sarcastic and came off as mean) due to a late night Thursday with an early Friday and a longish shift at work.    Slept in saturday(of course) but still had plenty of time to get stuff done before work.  Sunday was nice too.  Save the very thick fog rolling in after dark...
School's the same, though I'm only two modules away from finishing one of the research classes and given I have two days off next week I should get pretty far on the second I hope after taking the final for the first.
Still no car, but my brother got the spare one working so the driving situation isn't as bad(despite my sister's car refusing to start on her last thursday-hence the late night) for now.
Both teachers I'm with are planning to have me take over next week, so I'm spending this week getting the students more familiar with me and planning lessons.  Seems I'm going to be there for all of 3rd term and three days into 4th(not to mention these two weeks of 2nd)so I get to teach them about argument writing.  This should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment