Translate

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dyer's Wool

I think that's what it's called.  It's a tall thick weed that sprouts yellow flowers and spreads seeds like rain.  It's been spreading around campus and we spent at least three days this week pulling it out of heat hardened ground.  The soil is clay so when dry it's very hard to pull weeds out of.
There's an irrigation pool where these have covered the hills on either side of it.  I slipped and slid down the most western hill while pulling yesterday.  No real injury there, but it hurt at the time.
Rain came back too.  My mom wanted to take my sister and I to a renassaunce festival yesterday but the rain kind of shut it down before we got there.  Still raining today too.  At least I got to see my neice though.
My poor brothers and my dad went to a fathers and sons campout and came back early this morning rather wet.  Appearently the rain stayed constant enough that the tent soaked through and got the sleeping bags-as well as the sleepers.  They're still trying to dry stuff out as it's been raining all morning.
Watched Battleship with my mom and sister last night.  Once you get past the first 20 minutes or so the movie gets better, but before that it's rather painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment