Translate

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April

Means for one thing General Conference!  I've noticed lately that it seems to pass by so fast that its over just as I'm getting the feeling down.  And it's very hard to keep track of the talks until I can get a copy of the ensign with the talks so I can study them.  But I got to listen to all four sessions for once. No such luck on the Women's conference as I had work.  Same for Men's though that would have most likely been just a girls night out-had a few customers come in saying they can only go out like they were while their husbands were at conference, not sure why they feel that way-for my mom and older sister.
Oh well, back to waiting until May for the printed copy so I can remember the talks better and catch the ones I didn't hear.  Trying to see if I can finish the Book of Mormon by that point.  Page 265 so far(I think) and just read Ammon's success with King Lamoni again.  Never fails to excite me, though it is dampened by the treatment Aaron and his other brethren receive thanks to the dissenters in the land of Jerusalem.  But then Ammon gets to have a strong impact on Lamoni's father to make up for it.
Planted two more rows of onions-one red and one sweet-yesterday where my brothers and I cleared weeds on monday.  Almost halfway done clearing and planting now.  Most of it is cold weather stuff, and given that we had frost last night its a good thing.  But it may have affected the already growing onions in the first row I planted.  There were only three for sure, though I found what might be a fourth yesterday while setting up the watering pipes for the next two onion rows.
Past the halfway point on my class, and I need to ask the adviser person at the school I want to get my degree from if I can finish getting registered before I complete the class so I can start in May rather than having to wait for June.....We'll see what they say.
Send that batch of photos I took on an outing with my grandma to her monday as she wanted copies.  Guess what she sent back? Nice, now can I get a CD of them? (not her exact words but close) My dad's joking that we ought to give her a set on a encrypted flash drive just to mess with her.  I doubt she'd be amused. I was though, as I know my dad can do that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment