Translate

Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday...

Well, managed to figure out that my truck's problem is the gas pump. Sigh.  Might as well change the filter(turns out the one on there was the wrong size, amazing it hasn't caused problems before now) and needed one new relay(kind of like a fuse, though different.  I'm not sure what the difference is, though I imagine its like the difference between a fuse and a breaker)as one was no longer working. Spent the morning making sure said filter would work in the same spot(it fit just fine) and getting the torque bolts(they have a star in the center instead of the outside hex or whatever shape to get them off)loose in the bad of my truck so when I get a helping hand I can lift it out of the way so I can access the gas tank without having to drop it.
Work was crazy Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Thursday was mainly rain, meaning we ran out of all the soups we had when I got to work by six so the manager had to find time during the never ending rush to get more made and we still ran through those.  Friday was more cold but we still ran out of soups by nine.  Lot more sandwiches so it wasn't as big a deal.  Plus quite a few more hot drinks(which I got to train a coworker on how to make those)to mix things up.  Saturday was Women's Conference(sad to think I haven't gone to one since I started this job, and that's over 3 years) mixed with half off pastry night and cold.  Bit of rain too.  So that one had all the cashiers stay until ten(good news is I wasn't on drive for once as another experienced cashier was there to take it) and took two of us to finish closing.
School's about the same.  Having to buy the truck parts put a bit of a dent in saving for next semester but I've still got through November to get all of it.  Just worried about the 13 week(according to the placement person I talked to about making sure I was on track and ready for it)bit where they don't expect you to have a job at all or any sort of life at all.  I can understand that a job during the week would interfere with school stuff that the student teacher needs to do, but three months without an income isn't an exciting prospect.  I'm hoping I can get away with just weekends at my job so I can keep up with bills and saving.  Really wish I could work in Institute but my work schedule isn't allowing that. Downside of full time.  Don't seem to have time for anything that has a set meeting time save sunday.
Ah well.  At least it's cold so I'm not dying of heatstroke trying to work on my truck.  Might kill what's left in the garden though.

No comments:

Post a Comment