Translate

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Waiting...

For my praxis scores, my last class final exam scores(these are part of the 'competent' area, so it's not really a grade, just a pass/fail type deal) for the weather to warm up now that it's killed everything in the garden that was kind of already dead or dying with frost, for work to calm down a little, for just a little time to breathe.
Kind of have that last one today, until I have to go to work this afternoon.  Got my new phone mostly set up, still need the screen protector and the case, but I'm waiting on the case until my mom has time to paint the back(my case is clear so this way she can paint on there without it rubbing off or wearing away).  Wanted her to try painting a teddy bear but she's nervous about trying that.
School stuff should be today, but we'll see.  Praxis may not be until next week, have to wait for an email from them.  Just hope I passed because at this rate I won't have time for a retake.
Garden was down to tomatoes that the deer were slowly munching on despite my efforts to keep them away, cauliflower plants that only one of which actually produced something, lettuce that's gone to seed but I need a shovel to get them out, and the onions that almost seem to be thriving in the cold. Figures.
Work's been nuts, given conference weekend, rain, and cold. Just trying to do my best with the new dishes(did I mention that corporate gave us actual plates, bowls, and silverware now?) and the same cleaning schedule.  At least customers are giving tips when they leave a mess for us to clear up.  My manager mentioned that if they were going to leave a mess they may as well leave a tip, so it seems a few people are understanding that we don't have time or people to clear up messes without difficulty.
Had a rather fun sub job yesterday, junior high english teacher who had a weekly article for their students which meant I was more of a supervisor than a teacher.  And they had the smart idea of telling the students that the best class got cookies when they returned from whatever they had to do.  The only downside was they asked me to judge which class behaved the best and all of them were better than any other I'd been in before(subs get all the attitude when the teacher's not there) so I  just narrowed it down to 3 out of 6.  Not that the teacher was surprised, that was the goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment