Translate

Monday, April 16, 2018

One Down, two to go and two days of Observations...

Finally got one of the recommendation letters!  And it was really sweet too!  Down to just needing two days of observing too, which is nice as I'm really tired.  Was actually nodding off in the third period today, to the amusement of the students.  Had to get up and move to finally stop it.  At least the last period was better.
Got a new(to me, it's barely a year younger than my truck) car. Really nice too.  Honda Civil LX that's in really good shape despite having 235,000 miles on it.  Still trying to sell my truck though.  Someone's made a bid but haven't paid up yet.  Gets 30-35 MPG so far, which is awesome.
Very windy today, which is better(I think) than the snow/rain/sleet we got last week. Just makes things a bit dusty.
Work was crazy saturday with it being one school's prom and a coworker quitting on thursday.  Than two called in saturday and we had a typical(though rather drawn out) pastry night. But the GM came in as a 'regular employee' which they said was fun.  And they did seem to have fun with it.  And we had a day shift sandwich maker come in too, so we managed.  But I was there right up to 11 cleaning up as it was just me.  My poor manager(not the GM, just night shift) was there after me along with the closing sandwich maker. So it was not the best night but it could have gone much worse.
Had the interview for being an ALT in Japan, which I hope went well.  Now I'm just waiting to see when the second interview(the first was testing my English as well as the usual interview stuff)is going to be.
So things are getting better, just have to hold on a bit longer with the very long day thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment