Translate

Saturday, December 8, 2018

BRRR

Been a cold week, that's for sure.  So far has not got above 40 once since it snowed.  But that's not surprising to me.  Just means I have to make myself deal with the cold until my body gets used to it.  I guess being on drive through a lot will help there....
Work was of course crazy thursday with French Toast with Santa(they got the same awesome guy to do Santa as last year, which was cool for the kids) and people wanting soup.  Ran out of a lot before we closed.  Last night was not much better, given it was friday and it seemed to be either sick people(hopefully their family, not the actual sick person) getting soup or people not wanting to cook coming for most of the night.  Put us very far behind on cleaning before and after close and the only reason we were done by 10:30 is there were two of us doing it.
My mom got a cold this week that is refusing to let go despite three days off from work and stuff.  Thankfully none of the rest of us got it.  My dad took a few days off to help her as well.
I think I've got all my presents ready save one that just needs a frame, which is nice.  Means that I'm done with that for now.
Pearl Harbor day yesterday,  watched Midway with my family after I got off work.  They watched Tora Tora Tora while I was gone.  77 years....
Had to put our oldest cat down today, seems she hurt her back some time this week and she was just not functioning well at all.  She couldn't walk really, just limped and kind of fell to one side with each step.  Her meow sounded like a dying record and she couldn't really eat.  Hard to say it, but it seemed the only thing we could do for her was to let her go as she was not likely to last much longer any way and we did not want her to suffer.  My second youngest brother is really sad about it, just like when we had to put our dog Marley down.  And Samantha(the cat) was older than Marley.  She lasted longer than Princess, my dad's cat who died at about 15.  Marley was about 10-12(we were never sure of her age).  Samantha lasted 18 years.  So she had a long run.  Her brother didn't make it to 10 I think, but he got hit by a car.
Funny that this is the week that my cat Midnight decided to come back to us a bit more permanently.  She's been coming by off and on for several years now, but this week she seems to have come back to stay.  Demanding to be an inside cat and wanting a lot more attention now too...
Down to her and her sister Teresa now...

No comments:

Post a Comment