Translate

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Christmas!

Which was awesome just because all of my family(including the brother who moved to another state and the grand kids) managed to spend the whole day at my parent's house just hanging out really.  not a lot on the physical present side, but the spending time together would have been more than enough.  Getting all of my siblings for any of the holidays has been getting harder as my two married siblings have kids and other responsibilities and my brother has to take a plane to get here.  But we managed it this Christmas!
Work of course was crazy, and people did not seem to notice the 'closed at 4' sign my boss put up before Thanksgiving to let them know we were not having regular hours and tried to come in after we'd turned off the open signs. Had to wait almost fifteen minutes after that to lock the doors and people still tried to  come in.  And when that failed to let them in they came through drive through....
Today was much slower(we still made almost as much as we'd been making every day for the past week with six hours less)by comparison but still busy.  The late snow last night trying to freeze car doors shut and keeping the daylight cold did not help I think.  Sold a lot of soup today....
Might get to see siblings tonight too, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment