Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Substitute Teaching...

Is always a mystery even if the teacher gives you info up front about the class and such.  Because until I walk in the classroom door I have no idea what I'm going to find.  It can be a elementary class that is very nice and behaved but claims their mischievous(or something like that) or a class that is rowdy and off the walls right off the bat.  Even the lesson plans go from a simple "Do this, have the students do that" to "By this time have this done so you can move onto that".  Take today, where I  walked in to the class to find the main teacher(I was subbing for an aide) getting stuff ready as the rest of the school was doing ACT testing which meant for the teacher I was with: two hours of prep because they had to be there any way.  And I had two boring hours to wait for something to do. Sigh....Then one of the other aides asked if I could sub for them on a future date.
So a typical not to be expected day.  But work's been getting slow now that we're past the holidays.  Saturday was nuts, and last thursday was competing with it, but yesterday was more boring than the two hours this morning, as we were running out of stuff to stock or clean or do.  Cold and cloudy, but no real snow falling.
Hope the rest of today is more busy than yesterday was....

No comments:

Post a Comment