Translate

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Icy Rain...

My friends a little north of me got snow this weekend...all I got was icy rain that sucked the heat out of my apartment so that I had to turn on the heater.  Been fine without it all week. Figures.
They got snow back home(bet their glad for the lockdown so that only two or three have to go places)so I'm a little jealous.  Though it would probably still be just as cold and melt fast if we got any here.
Trees are getting beautiful.  Spring is really going now despite the cold.  One of my friends had a video of the cherry blossoms falling with the snow.  Really cool.
Seems my siblings are having car problems again...meaning that my car is getting used(no complaints from me)but now they have to work out who gets to use it when.  I don't know how one of them did what they did to their car, but it sounds like a pain to fix.
Start of week two of 'spring break' for us english teaching aides...Hoping to have a fun evening with two friends playing games and watching movies.  Be very bored otherwise.
Downsides to losing weight in Japan:
1. hard to find clothes in your size given they use a different system.
2. hard to find clothes because they are built differently(granted, it's tricky back home too).
3. still get very hungry sometimes
4. can't afford new clothes all at once so I have to make do with baggy ones for a while...
5. and I'm just being silly right now while debating about lunch options...

1 comment:

  1. You know - saying that you're really hungry sometimes does not go well when you're a MOM reading that, lol. Figuring out clothes when you loose weight is tough... but it's all good. We're feeling a little more like spring now, but still chilly. Finally got my edit done... ugh. I'm back to work next week (AT HOME) so this is my last day of break... sigh.

    ReplyDelete