Translate

Monday, March 2, 2020

World War Z

Am I weird because this Coronavirus scare reminds me of that movie?  Of course, minus the total society collapse and biting zombies.  But the rush for things to stock pile is a little annoying.  Every store I know of is out of toilet paper, tissues, and (not all on this one) Paper towels.  I have plenty of the latter two, but a little low on toilet paper.  Should still be good for a while, but I don't like leaving it this long.
It also got the trip to Japan and cruise tour my parents and siblings planned on cancelled. Yeah, guess which ship it was going to be on?
But I can go home instead, though I'll have less time given the way my work schedule goes.  At least the tickets were cheaper than usual.
Schools being cancelled is just for students at the moment.  We teachers still have to go prep stuff for graduations and next school year.  Downside is there is no school lunch so I have to remember to bring one.  One of my coworkers already does that so no big deal for them.
Got to love winter in Japan.  Had one attempt at snow fall(didn't stick and only lasted about an hour) and otherwise it just rains.  The cold drizzle that's worse than snow.  And I get to walk at least 10-15 minutes in it.  50 if I miss the bus.  The wind is not nice either...
Hope it warms up tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. So...this means you have more time and that's why you're writing on your blog!! ?? Nice to see something of your thoughts again. I'm really reminded of that movie too...along with I am Legend. Remember how he was walking through those empty apartments with the quarantined rooms? People are so whako...you should see all the the empty shelves... what's up with toilet paper??? lol Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete