Translate

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Snow!!!

We got a (sort of) big storm.  Granted, it's been so warm that nothing stuck until it had been snowing for well over two (possibly double that) hours.  And took at least another hour or two before it stuck to the roads. but we got plenty on the grass and cars.  Then it cleared up after snowing for two days so the temperature is closer to 30.  Not more than 4 inches I think, but plenty in the mountains.
Winter Olympics are cool, just wish they wouldn't build up certain people so much and then get so upset when those people don't do as well as they built them up to.  Examples: Nathan Chan and the Shibutani Siblings.  The siblings got bronze, which is awesome for their first olympics, and Nathan got 5th(and made a very impressive jump from 17th to get there from the short to the long program) in his.  But because neither got gold "its disappointing".   We watched Cool Runnings, which in my mind is a true show of what it means to compete.  Winning the medal is secondary, just making it there and giving it your best should be first.
Got a nasty cold last week(my sister got it first, then both my parents-theirs lasted over a week-then two of my brothers) that the sore throat is lingering.  Worried that my room's dry and aggravating it, so I need to sleep with a humidifier and see if that helps.  For right now I can talk but not for long and certainly not very loudly.  Made yesterday's sub job tricky, had to really focus on student names and wander the room more.  Otherwise it was fun.
My sister took her car into the shop as she's tired of not being able to get her car working right in a timely manner and wanted to make sure this time.  She suspects they did a lot more than they said they did(brakes and shifting are much better, and they were 'only' fixing a bad part of the steering system)and charged her for.  But at least her car's more reliable now.
Working on appealing to repeat DT in the fall, and my mentor thinks I have a strong chance of getting it.  But I have to hurry and get it in to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment