Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

And Another One

bites the dust, if anyone remembers that song.  In this case, it's another car.  I was running an errand in my parents spare car and it threw a piston rod(ironically, it's the car my youngest brother was using to get to work lately) effectively killing the car.  So now there are two dead and one unreliable cars sitting around. Sigh...
Making it tricky for said brother to get to work now, been asking us for rides(sad to say I haven't had a good nights sleep this week).  But hopefully they get a new one closer to home so it doesn't require an hour round trip drive at 1:40 in the morning.
School's back in, so I'm looking for sub jobs to fit into my regular job's work schedule.  Had one for today that got cancelled(sigh).  Found another but not for two weeks.  Need to check again.
Finally getting tomatoes, mainly roma's that have grown a bit bigger than normal so they look like hearts.  Squash have kind of stalled, though there's plenty of blossoms and unripe ones.  Not sure when the melon will be ready...
Things are cooling down temperature wise now, so I'm not quite as concerned about getting out to weed as early(still try for before 10 am though).  But getting harder to find ones I can get out all the way.  Keep finding weeds that break off right at the dirt so I can't get the root. Gr.
Work's picking up too, so I'll get plenty of hours there.  Holidays always do that...

No comments:

Post a Comment