Translate

Monday, August 6, 2018

Getting Out

of the world is something I think everyone needs to do once in a while.  Part of the reason my family likes going up to a trailer every years is because it's disconnected from the internet, cell service, and doesn't have a phone. So we don't have to worry about anyone bothering us for as long as we stay there.
I just got back from a YSA trip with the same goal and it was awesome.  Had several speakers like John Bytheway(who was funny and spiritual) Paul Cardal(who I didn't know had heart problems from birth and even had a heart transplant in his 30's) T. C. Christensen (He described a rather unexpected encounter with deer outside a wolf trailer during the filming of 17 Miracles) and more.  Ran out of paper to takes notes, but I tried to remember what they all said.
Service project was fun and yet slippery, as we were widening a newly created trail.  Took over an hour and we still didn't finish(and my group was the last of four that day).  but we got a lot done. And had fun.
Not that being home is bad, it just means I get junk emails and random texts aside from work and family stuff which I have to get rid of everyday.  Can't have one without the other I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment