Translate

Monday, November 12, 2018

Half Way Already?

Sheesh, this story is writing itself, I had no idea where it was going beyond the opening scene(which I now have six versions of before I finally settled on the one I have now moved on using) and then the ending opener(not the actually ending, just how the 'final battle' begins).  It's moved past that by far, so I'm up to 25,000 words and that's only two or three chapters worth so far.  And as I said, I really don't know what's going to happen next beyond what I already wrote down. And I have to stop myself from reading what I have already written so I can stay up on word count(not that I'm behind, just don't want to fall behind) because it's sad to say that this is my type of story.  Not what i usually write, but it was an unusual story idea to begin with.
Work is not getting any better, had a coworker put in their two weeks notice friday then pull a no call no show on saturday(that was so much fun for my manager to deal with) and it happened to be the start of the crazy half of pastry nights we get during the holidays.  In other words: NOT FUN.
Had snow on sunday that lasted pretty much until the sun came up, but the cold is lingering.  my car still has power steering issues(as far as I can tell, the reservoir is cracked and leaking badly) and I can't get the part I need to fix it. sigh...not enjoying strong arming my car even if its not as hard as my truck was...

No comments:

Post a Comment