Translate

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Tests and Trials...

Well, I guess I can't say my work scheduling me for full time hours(say 35-36 hours per week) is a trial or a test, but the timing isn't the best.  Mainly because of the roof thing.  Means I'm tired and sore and I still haven't gotten started on my next class.  I did manage to look at the introduction page but the progress is still at zero.
We're having fun figuring out what not do do on the roof(still) while I'm trying to keep an eye on the garden-sprinkler system is giving my dad an extra headache, sigh-as the weeds do not take breaks.  My mom used a good part of the lettuce-which so far the deer have stopped eating-for a large salad for everyone. Sadly my earwigs traps are not perfect, as there was still earwigs in the lettuce but not nearly as many as there could have been.  Can't say if the marigolds are keeping the grasshoppers down as they do't get watered as much as the garden so I need to check them too.
Had to renew my food handlers yesterday-thankfully got called in later so I had time-as it expires tomorrow.  Driver's licence next week, as I don't get paid until then.  At least that doesn't require a test, just a long wait.  Of course both cost money.
Had a wind storm yesterday that so far shows the shingles we've already laid out and nailed down are holding.  My dad says getting rain wouldn't be a bad thing as it would show us where the water flows so we know what to watch for.

No comments:

Post a Comment