Translate

Monday, February 18, 2019

Rude Customers...

I discovered this past week that encountering rude, impatient, and overbearing customers(not at my work)really annoys me.  Went to pick up pizza for dinner on Valentines Day as my siblings and I were giving my parents a date night and there were just two very swamped employees working.  One was trying to call for help (or that's what it sounded like) when I got there, I did not see any sign of a delivery driver, the other was just trying to keep from drowning under the flood of online orders to be made.  The phone was ringing off the hook the entire time I was there and I watched online orders come in every 30 seconds or less it seemed.  Plus stuff printing all over the counter(I think they were more orders, but I'm not sure).
So while I patiently wait for them to have a second to get my order done and to me(after they had to fight the computer for several minutes just to pay it out)another customer comes in and tells them what their order was.  When they find it amid the growing stack of online ones the poor person who'd been calling for help had to apologetically tell them their order might be an hour and a half before they got to it.  The customer then says they wanted to cancel the order anyway, and as the phone employee turns to figure out how to cancel it(given the computer problems they were having)the customer informs the phone employee that the customer will probably never order from them again.
Then after the second employee has to come help get the order cancelled(as the computer was refusing to do it for the phone employee), the customer just makes a gesture of disgust and storms out of the store.
I get that you want your food and you might be in a hurry, but don't take it out on the poor overworked employees who are just trying to do their job the best they can.  Especially when you can see that they need help and can't seem to get it.  It's not their fault.  I think everyone should try it(working retail or food) sometimes so they know how hard it can be.
For some reason that annoyed me more than customers who do it to me.  I wanted to jump back there and help, but I felt that would get them in trouble and I would probably just get in the way.
The snow storms all weekend probably caused things to slow down late at night, as Saturday we had a very sad pastry night.
My sister's blazer got stuck in the mud in the field next door while we were trying to move cars around(finally sold what used to be my ford ranger, and spent over an hour trying to get it out) and so today we're trying to get it out.  Too bad the snow made it even more muddy and so it is very stuck for now.
But one car out of the way, and off the grass...

No comments:

Post a Comment