Translate

Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

Well, the run wasn't as fun as one might think.  But I did manage to cut ten minutes off my first time (I did 44 minutes last time, 34 this time).  My dad beat me by eight minutes.  My mom was walking so she took longer than me.  None of us placed though.
We were very sore for the rest of the day.  My poor sister came home from work after a rather frustrating day-things kept giving her grief at work, then she left half her fireworks at the stand and had to go back and get them.  Thankfully they were still there.
Wensday at work was interesting, as we had a marching band competition going on all afternoon.  The bands showed up around the time I started work, so it was interesting getting things done while staying out of their way.  It didn't help that we were planting flowers leftover from another campus.  We didn't get them all planted and then had to dodge the bands while trying to water the one's left in pots.
All the parking lots near the stadium got full very fast, so we had to hurry and water those areas before we couldn't get in there.
My little niece loves fireworks, and had fun running around with sparklers-though she almost burned herself by grabbing the wrong end...

No comments:

Post a Comment