Translate

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Finally?

If you ever watched the movie 2012, you heard about the theory that the world was going to end-or something like that-on the 21 of this month.  This stems from the fact that the mayan calendar we use from year to year ended on that day.  But a friend told me that the Mayans would simply say it was the end of a cycle, not the end of the world.
Given they lived what, 3,000 years ago, do you really think they were predicting the end?
We're all still here in any case.  Nearly to the year 2013 in point of fact.  We did get more snow yesterday, but clear skies today.  Very cold though, thanks to clear skies last night too.
i've got one more week of break before school starts again.  Hoping to get a job in that time, but so far haven't had any luck.  But I'm not giving up.  I hope that employers are looking at me, and not dismissing me because I'm in college.  I had a friend who kept getting turned down for jobs for that reason-and they told them so.  That's just rude in my opinion.
That seems really stupid too, with the way things are going.   Gas prices are finally dropping, but everything else is still going up as far as I can tell.   If you don't have employees, how will you sell stuff?  And if they don't have jobs, where will they get the money to buy stuff and keep others in buisness?
Their choice, but I think it might come bite them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment