Translate

Monday, December 24, 2012

Pranks

A lot of the pranks you hear about occur around halloween, or a big school event.  Many of those are not fun to the recipient, and often leave hours of cleanup behind.  Toilet papering someone's yard, spray painting a school field bleachers or their symbol are signs of dislike or school rivalry.  But that often leaves the janitors a big mess, or the home owners.
Pranks around this time of year are hopefully more pleasant.  Things like leaving a bag of gifts for a needy family, a plate of cookies for a lonely person in the neiborhood(I know I spelled that wrong).
Secret Santa is one of my favorites, and it has many variations.  The point is to be annoymous.  And that's the best part.  Door bell ditching is fun when leaving a surprise because you won't get in trouble for it.
My family once had a group of people come by with quite the pile of gifts for all of us.  They claimed to be 'Santa's Elves'.  That is one of my best childhood memories.  And I still don't know who any of them were.

No comments:

Post a Comment