Translate

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Grumble

The heating of bolts really only resulted in a rather startling display as the (very old) propane torch caught fire-I have no idea why, there were no sparks or anything-right around the control knob.  Thankfully I was able to put it out before the knob was damaged, but I kind of gave up on heating after that.  I was very glad I'd chosen to try heating the bolt furthest from my gas tank so that was never at risk.  And my hands were much lower down on the tank.  I'd also pulled my hair back and shoved it under my shirt so nothing beyond the torch caught fire.
Found this tool online that was made to remove stripped bolts of all sizes, and ordered one since nothing else is working.  Here's hoping...
Employee evaluations this week, I'm nervous...

No comments:

Post a Comment