Translate

Friday, September 27, 2013

I Guess it just Doesn't occur to me...

I'm one of those people who will pull over on the highway to help a man and his girlfriend who's car ran out of gas.  I'll give them a ride to the nearest station and then back to their car.  Or I'll stop and give an older man who missed the last bus a lift to the train station (yeah, I know that could have bad consequences) so they can still get home.  I guess doing that gives my dad a heart attack, but my mom says I must have a guardian angel the size of Texas sitting on my shoulders.  Or I've been very lucky so far...
I want to register for an internship at church headquarters but due to an issue with my lds.org account it won't let me!  Argh.  Sounds really fun too...
It's gotten very cold here due to the rain.  I overheard a girl comment on how the temperature nearly hit 20 when the sun went down yesterday.  It's overcast and rainy today like the last two days have been.  I gave in and used the jacket my sister gave me last year (or this past spring, but it's insulated and much better than the now threadbare one I've been using up til now-thanks anyway sis! I'd be freezing otherwise!) so I'm not freezing at work.
Homecoming football game is tomorrow, so today is going to be getting the stadium ready at work.  Thankfully we've already done the bleachers, so all we really need to do is re-set up the garbage cans and put liners (if they don't already have one) in them.
We washed my supervisors stencils-the one's with the school mascot and name on them-yesterday because the rain on Wednesday washed their paint all over the stencils and made quite the mess(I got to help my supervisor repaint the logo on the soccer field-where the stencils got wet--because the rain wiped out all of one color and part of the other--using spray cans on 'guns' so we didn't have to get it all over our hands.  That didn't turn out too bad.
The institute committee I'm part of decided to give out hot chocolate in the lobby due to the colder weather.  I boiled three very large pans of water for it, and helped decorate the paper cups-for next week's 'national cinnamon roll day' which we haven't decided exactly what we're doing for that-before coming up the student union building for homework and job hunting (having more success with the former).  Trying not to get a headache right now...
Got a free t-shirt for wearing school colors as I walked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment