Translate

Monday, August 26, 2013

It's Funny...

I never really thought of my life as hard until people started pointing it out to me.  Met with a teacher last week who did just that.  Granted, I did grow up a little lost in a family of seven kids, with a father working full time and a mother trying to keep track of all seven.  Plus we were all born within ten years, so for a while she had to deal with very hyper kids.  My dad has been sacrificing his spare time for the past five years to get a Bachelor's degree, and he's down to one last class.  I've sacrificed the last three, but I've still got a ways to go.
My dad gave us all blessings for the start of the school year last night.  Slept rather weird after that.  Woke up before 2 a.m. with the strange feeling that there was a large spider in my bed, crawling right next to my pillow.  I couldn't find any spider (I was tired enough that I didn't really try) so I ran to the bathroom and found a large black spider (maybe 3/4 of an inch big) trapped in the tub.  The thing was scratching at the shallowest side of the tub trying to get out.  I didn't think that tub was that slick...
Had a dream saturday or sunday.  Not sure of the details, but I remember three kids around the age of five, one of whom was a boy, all playing on the floor in front of me.  I was seated-don't know what I was sitting on-and holding a baby less than three months old.  The baby was a boy wearing a white t-shirt and blue overalls.  He had white socks on I think.  Despite being fast asleep, he had a very firm grip on my shirt.  Not sure where that came from, though he reminded me of my now one year old cousin's baby.
I did get both my assignments in saturday, but it was a very rushed effort.  Didn't tell my teacher that though.  And now its starting all over again.
Exercised saturday and my pectorals have been sore ever since.  My right shoulder isn't happy either...
My photography teacher claims that the first day of class is always a mess for them.  I told him its always a mess for everyone.  Especially for fall semester.  We get the influx of recent high school grads (actually have one in this class) who are trying to master the campus without being late for class, trying to get textbooks (while adjusting to buying them instead of borrowing them), and finding parking.  My teacher let us out early because it was the first day, and we just went over the syllabus-go figure that a black and white analogue photography teacher would still print it out instead of the electronic version most teacher are using.  Not all english teachers like that as well.
But now I need to get the rest of the supplies for that class (film and the camera being a big part) on top of the textbook.  I just hope none of my other classes want additional stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment